pilgrimage to kham, amdo, & GOLOK
July 22 - August 5, 2018 (15 days in EASTERN tibet)
INFO & HOW TO jOIN
- Early Bird: USD$3,157 shared lodgings
- Regular: USD$3,400 shared lodgings
- USD$380 single room supplement for hotels
- USD$ check in the mail
- PayPal or credit card online with 3% surcharge
- chartered 4-wheel drive vehicle and motorcycle transportation
- airport transfers
- best hotels, home-stay, guest houses & breakfasts
- professional guide, drivers, entrance fees
- services of Sangha Journeys, before and during the pilgrimage
- China visa
- international flights
- Yushu-Chengdu exit flight (approx. USD$175)
- daily lunch and dinner (approx. USD$300)
- Chengdu hotel, meals and airport transfers
- requested gratuities for Tibetan staff, USD$100
HOW TO JOIN
- Carefully read the Terms of Service (below).
- Let us know you're interested and we'll contact us.
- Complete a video appointment with Sangha Journeys.
- Submit an online booking form.
- Secure your space with a USD$600 deposit.
- When your deposit has processed, you will receive login information for a platform that will provide health and travel guidelines, currency and insurance information, a packing list, how to apply for a China visa, where to stay in Chengdu, and a discussion forum etc. Sangha Journeys will book your flight Chengdu-Lhasa-Chengdu and remain available to you by Skype, WeChat, email or phone.
Terms of service
1. Please read Terms of Service carefully. When you're ready to proceed, let us know you're interested.
2. You must arrive in Chengdu no later than July 20. If you're coming from the USA, this usually means leaving no later than July 19. You will arrive back in Chengdu on August 5 and can book your exit flight for the next day, August 6. The cost of overnight lodging at an airport hotel and transportation to and from the airport are your responsibility.
3. When your online application is received, you will be contacted by email to schedule a video conferencing meeting with Dechen Steele of Sangha Journeys. The purpose of this meeting is to answer your questions and determine if this pilgrimage is suitable for you.
4. If accepted and you decide to join, you will be asked to complete the Online Booking Form and send a USD$600 deposit to hold your space. Your deposit and trip fees are payable to "Jnanasukha Foundation" by check in US currency or via PayPal with a 3% surcharge to cover processing fees. PayPal is a convenient means of currency conversion if you do not have access to USD. We can also process credit cards. Your space is not guaranteed until your payment has processed.
6. You will receive health and travel guidelines, currency and insurance information, a packing list, instructions on how to apply for your China visa, and suggestions for staying in Chengdu. Sangha Journeys will be available to you by Skype, WeChat, email or phone to answer your questions as you prepare for your pilgrimage.
7. You will be advised to apply for your China visa if you do not already have one stamped in your passport. Acquiring this visa is not difficult but demands careful attention when completing the application. DO NOT apply for your China visa until you have received and understood our instructions. It takes approximately 30 days (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, depending on the country you are applying from and the agent you choose) to process a China visa.
8. If the trip is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances in Tibet, your deposit or trip fee and single supplement (if applicable) will be refunded 100%. Cancelling international flights will be your responsibility. Refunds for your domestic flight from Tibet to China cannot be determined in advance but you can expect to pay an unavoidable penalty for the cancellation.
9. If you wish to cancel your booking, please inform us by email. You will be refunded if your space can be filled. Sangha Journeys regrets we cannot be more flexible about refunds for last-minute changes, even in the case of illness or death in the family.
10. The Regular Trip Fee for the Pilgrimage to Kham, Amdo & Golok is US$3,400, for shared (double) lodgings. The supplement for single lodgings is US$380.
The Early Bird Trip Fee is US$3,157.
11. Inclusions are:
- Airport transfer in Tibet
- Overland transportation in Tibet
- Hotel, Guest House and private home accommodations in Tibet, including breakfasts
- Guide and drivers
- Entrance fees as required
- Services of Sangha Journeys (before and during the pilgrimage)
12. Exclusions are:
- International flights to Chengdu, China
- Hotel and airport transfers in Chengdu
- Excess baggage charges on Yushu-Chengdu flight
- Gratuities for Tibet staff (driver, cooks, guide)
- Lunch and dinner in Tibet (USD$300 is a fair estimate)
- Personal expenses—bottled water, laundry, internet, personal offerings at sacred sites
- Yushu-Chengdu flight (approx. USD$175 but could be higher or lower)
13. Responsibility Clause: Jnanasukha Foundation & Sangha Journeys act solely as agents for our Lhasa travel partner: Road to Tibet Travel Services. We are not responsible or liable for problems arising in transportation, itinerary changes or hotel arrangements in Tibet beyond our control, nor for any loss, injury or damage to your person or property, nor for any delays in transportation. We reserve the right to cancel the trip or any part of it, to alter the itinerary if necessary or desirable, to refuse to retain any trip member at any time, and to pass on to trip members any unexpected expenses incurred through delays or events beyond our control.